Through various database monitoring techniques, DoggieDashboard.com does all it can to prevent abuse and infringement of rights by use of its website.
However, due to the fact that the content on our website is uploaded by the users, we do not have control over all content that is uploaded, namely user logos and pet photos.
If you have a complaint regarding any content uploaded to our website by any user, please email email@example.com following the guidelines below.
1. Identify the copyrighted work you believe has been infringed. The specificity of your identification will depend on the nature of the work you believe has been infringed. If you have published your work, you might be able to just link back to a web page where it lives. If it is proprietary and not published, you might describe it and explain that it is proprietary. If you have registered it with the Copyright Office, you should include the registration number. If you are alleging that the hosted content is a direct, literal copy of your work, you can also just explain that fact.
2. Identify the material that you allege is infringing the copyrighted work listed in item #1, above. It is important to be as specific as possible in your identification. This identification needs to be reasonably sufficient to permit DoggieDashboard to locate the material. At a minimum, this means that you should include the URL to the material allegedly infringing your copyright. Please also confirm that you have investigated each individual case and that your sworn statements apply to each identified instance of copyright infringement.
3. Explain what the DoggieDashboard user would need to do in order to remedy the infringement. Again, specificity is important. When we pass your complaint along to the user, this will tell them what they need to do in order to avoid having the rest of their account disabled. Does the user just need to add a statement of attribution?
4. Provide your contact information. Include your email address, name, telephone number and physical address.
5. Provide contact information, if you know it, for the alleged infringer. You can do so by sending their DoggieDashboard user domain URL.
6. Include the following statement: "I have a good faith belief that use of the copyrighted materials described above on the infringing web pages is not authorized by the copyright owner, or its agent, or the law. I have taken fair use into consideration."
7. Also include the following statement: "I swear, under penalty of perjury, that the information in this notification is accurate and that I am the copyright owner, or am authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed."
8. Include your physical or electronic signature.
Please submit your complaint to: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you would prefer postal mail:
DoggieDashboard.com, ATTN: DMCA Agent, 209 Dove Ave, Chilton, WI 53014